BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 10 September 2011

Title Holders

Dominick Cruz

Skill Breakdown

Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 10
Record: 18-1-0
Summary: Conditioning and Punching Power

Fighter Info

From: San Diego, California, California USA
Fights Out Of: San Diego, CA USA
Age: 26
Height: 5' 8" ( 172 cm )
Weight: 135 lb ( 61 kg )

TRAINING: I train Mon three times, then Tues through Fri are two-a days. One on Sat....and Sunday I’m off! I mix all techniques of wrestling, BJJ, boxing, shootboxing, and kickboxing in my training.

When and why did you start training for fighting? I wrestled my whole life and I wanted to continue to compete.

What ranks and titles have you held? UFC bantamweight champion, WEC bantamweight champion. Total Combat 145 & 155 lb champion. Number 1 ranked ROTC fighter.

Do you have any heroes? My mom

What is your favorite technique? Uppercut

What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means I can truly call myself one of the best fighters on the planet and that my dreams and goals are slowly being accomplished!

Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
No

What was your job before you started fighting? Customer service rep
•    First-ever (and reigning) UFC bantamweight champion

•    Ranked No. 6 on Yahoo Sports! pound-for-pound MMA rankings

•    Grew up in Tuscon, Ariz., trailer with mom and brother

•    Kicked out of home at age 19 for hosting a house party, but recalls the experience as “the greatest thing that ever happened to me” because it forced him to become a man

•    Longtime wrestler

•    Lives and trains in San Diego

•    Wrestler/boxer who is stylistically similar to UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar. Cruz is very elusive on his feet with a peek-a-boo style – he fires off combos and moves out of harm’s way before an opponent can return fire

•    Very mentally tough


0 comments: