BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 10 September 2011

Frankie Edgar






Skill Breakdown

Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 13-1-1
Summary: wrestling and cardio

Fighter Info

Nickname: The Answer
From: Summit, New Jersey USA
Fights Out Of: Toms River, NJ USA
Age: 29
Height: 5' 6" ( 167 cm )
Weight: 155 lb ( 70 kg )
College: Clarion University
Degree: Political Science

Biography


Training: I’ve been training at Ricardo’s – doing boxing, and strength and conditioning at All-Star Sports Academy, and training at Rutgers and with Phil Nurse.
When and why did you start training for fighting? After I graduated from college in May of 2005. I always liked the sport. I have seen other people with a wrestling background do well, and I felt that I could succeed.

Accomplishments in amateur competition?
Two-time State Place Winner for New Jersey, 2nd in H.S. Nationals in 2000, four-time Division I National Qualifier for Clarion University and College Freestyle All-American in 2004.

Accomplishments in pro competition?
Reality Fighting 155lb Champion

Ranks in any martial arts styles: Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Favorite grappling technique:
Guillotine choke

Favorite striking technique:
Right hand

Do you have any heroes?
  My dad and my high school wrestling coach, Mr. Reid. These two are the toughest people that I know, both mentally and physically.

What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It is great, considering that I only started fighting a year and a half ago, and there wasn't even a 155 weight class in the UFC at the time.

Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
  I have a BA in Political Science from Clarion University

What was your job before you started fighting?
  Plumber









0 comments: