BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 10 September 2011

Heavy Weight Fighters


Shane Carwin

Skill Breakdown

Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 6
Record: 12-2-0
Summary: Heart and Determination

Fighter Info

From: Greeley, Colorado USA
Fights Out Of: Denver, Colorado USA
Age: 36
Height: 6' 2" ( 187 cm )
Weight: 265 lb ( 120 kg )

Biography

TRAINING: Training is anything but typical for me. I have so much I am working on as a mixed martial artist that I tend to be training all the time. My days begin with some cardio training, then I work on my stand up with Coach Wittman. From there I have wrestling practice, BJJ and then we do our pro sparring which usually consists of five rounds of hard sparring. We have so many great fighters training with us here at Grudge. We have guys like Brendan Schaub, Eliot Marshall, Nate Marquardt, Todd Duffee and many more talented guys pushing each other. Then we have the coaches that run all of the training. Guys like Coach Leister Bowling, Coach Trevor Wittman, Coach Amal Easton, and Coach Loren Landow. And then I have Forged Fuel cooking for me.

When and why did you start training for fighting? Actually, I was just helping out with the wrestling portion of training about three years ago and became extremely interested in the sport and before I knew it….I was fighting.

What ranks and titles have you held? Interim UFC heavyweight champion, 2x NCAA Div II Wrestling National Runner-up HWT (1996,1997). NCAA II Wrestling National Champion HWT (1999). 2x NCAA II All-American in Football. Ring of Fire HWT Champion.

Do you have any heroes? My mom, she raised three boys on her own and her major goal was to make sure all we all received college degrees.

What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s a real dream come true. The UFC is the NFL of mixed martial arts.

Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Colorado School of Mines BS in Mechanical Engineering and Western State College BA in Environmental Technology

What was your job before you started fighting? Currently still an Engineer

Favorite grappling technique: Slam

Favorite Striking technique: Any strike that connects - there is something about that feeling

0 comments: